

Payton was born Sunday May 27th at 11:10 pm...he weighed 7 lbs 10 oz... almost a full pound up from Gage's weight. For the most part the delivery went well. We had a little scare, Payton's heart rate kept dropping. They thought his cord might be around his neck and was getting pinched off. They had me on oxygen and were about to take me in for a c-section which I'll admit was a little terrifying! My doctor was incredible, and I really liked that he was telling me everything that they were doing instead of talking over me to all the other hospital staff in there...that would have made me even more afraid. I wasn't fully dilated but we got the baby out. It turns out there were two knots in his cord. They said as tight as they were they must have been there for months; and that they weren't a problem until he started moving down and more pressure was put on them. I have a picture of the knot...but I won't post it...it may be a little too much for a blog ; ) About the title, Gage came in and was so excited to see the "BABY!!" after an examination of this new member of our family he declared him "Purple Baby" (he was pretty purple after he was born!) and that's what he's called him since...that is until he became jaundice...then he was our "Yellow Baby"!

1 comment:
Hi Erin, this is Court's friend, Melissa! YOur boys are so cute! Congratulations on Peyton's birth, he's adorable! And he has an adorable name.
Post a Comment