Me and My Boys...Crashed
Ah the joys of having a big brother to keep him entertained (and potty training to keep me entertained...and on my toes!)A lot has been going on the past couple of weeks. My maternity leave has ended so now my weekends are once again spent at JCP, we've had family up on the weekends to visit and go to the zoo (Nate's company party was there) And with the whole coal mine thing going on it's been hard to focus on much else. It hits just a little too close to home. I'm grateful that my Dad and Father-in-law are safe as well as an uncle and too many others I know that could be in that situation every day. A good friend (who's dad was a coal miner as well) emailed me this poem I would like to share with everyone: The Coal Miner's Prayer By W. Calvert
Each dawn as We rise, lord we know all to well
We face only one thing- a pit filled with hell.
To scratch out a living, the best that we can,
But deep in the heart, lies the soul of a man.
With black covered faces and hard calloused hands,
We work the dark tunnels, unable to stand.
To labour and toil as we harvest the coals,
We silently pray "lord harvest our souls."
I can't imagine what the families of the 6 trapped and the three who died trying to rescue them are going through. What a horrible situation. Again I'm grateful.
We found out yesterday that we won't be able to purchase the house. The woman who it was foreclosing on came up with the money. Although, I'm a little disappointed I'm sure that she is thankful to keep her home....so back to square one. That's okay. Half the fun is in the looking, I guess.

1 comment:
I feel ya in that picture Erin... a mom's gotta sleep:) I'm sorry about the house, but don't worry. Something will come up that is even better. You're such a great person to be happy for the lady that she got to keep her house. You're always looking on the bright side of things:) By the way we have the same bouncer!
Post a Comment