Tuesday, September 11, 2007

1st Day of "School"

Look at that handsome dude! He LOVES his backpack!


There are 5 little boys in our ward that are the same age as Gage. (He's the youngest, just by a couple months.) All of the mom's got together and decided we wanted to do a "Pre-school" for them. It's more of a "Joy school" in the sense that there is no particular curriculum we're following. We're trying more to get them to listen to directions, play well with other children, and learn to sit still for a little while (they all start Primary in January! We want to prepare them for that.) Gage already knows his ABC's, shapes and how to count to 20, but I learned today that he is not very good at doing activities with other little kids. We made tree trunks by dipping their arm all the way to their elbow in brown paint, placing it on a piece of paper then they pasted apples and leaves on the branches that their fingers made. Everyone did well with the project except Gage...he thought the brown stuff was YUKKY! And he didn't want to paste apples and leaves he wanted to make a boot and a shirt for the tree. And while everyone was sitting in a circle playing apple apple who's got the apple (instead of a button) he wanted to sing twinkle twinkle little star. Oh well, it's just the first day...Maybe I'm expecting to much from a two year old! I should just be grateful his shoes were the only article of clothing he stripped off.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Won't be long Erin before he actually does start, I can't believe it! It was just yesterday we were at the hospital with you, and Jeff and I were still dating...Man, two years, two kids later, who'd have thunk it?