Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Antelope Island

Isn't this sunset incredible! And the photos don't do it justice!



Island's namesake...I also saw the biggest Jackrabbit I have ever seen in my life!

I'm the YW Camp Director for my ward and for our 4th year overnighter we camped out by the Great Salt Lake on Antelope Island. It's was INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!! The closest thing to a beach here in Utah. The sand is completely different than any beach I've ever been to, the sand is round! Like little silica balls only tiny...I don't know how to describe it. We had such a wonderful time except for THE BUGS! They call them "can'tsee'ums" They look like little nats and seem to be completely harmless...until their little bites decided to flair up. I look like I've got the chicken pox. They are so itchy, swollen and sting like crazy! Apparently I'm allergic. So as much as I want to take Gage and Payton out to play in the sand and water...I don't see it happening! And yes, I had on bug spray! I practically bathed myself in it while we were out there!

No comments: