Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween

We had a lot of fun this year with our costumes. Gage wanted to be Popeye (yes he asked to be Popeye. Grammie got him a DVD with all these old cartoons and he can quote the Popeye ones word for word...he even eats spinach...seriously. I just tell him it will make him strong like Popeye. He flexes before and after each bite.) So, I saw a tomato costume and thought Payton would be a cute tomato, then the whole Wimpy and Hamburger idea came to mind. Olive Oyle was an obvious choice. I had everything I needed to make each of the costumes except for Gage and Nate's hats and the tan fabric for Payton's bun and Gages muscles (I got that for $1 a yard and only needed 1 yard) the cartoon eye-lashes and black hair spray. So for under $10.00 I got four costumes...Sweet!




We went to the Trunk or Treat and made it to 4 houses (De's, Jo's, Bep's and Dave & Judy's) And the boys were done. When Nate asked Gage if he wanted to do more trick-or-treating Gage's response was "Dad, I don't need lots of Candy." Right on. I've got many, MANY more pictures from this weekend to post...Later, I've got to get unpacked.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Those are too clever! You all are so perfect! Sure liked the boots Ms. Erin!!! I liked the anticipation of waiting to see what you were this year! FUN! FUN!