Friday was my little Gager's "EVERYDAY HERO" day!
At the beginning of the year he decorated that boy to look like him and I filled out the back all about Gage. On his Hero day I got to go in and tel his class all about him, read his favorite book to the class: One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss, and share a treat (I told Gage he could pick out whatever he wanted to bring from the store... treats need to be store bought... we looked at EVERYTHING in the bakery! He chose to have me bring doughnuts with sprinkles on them... go figure.)
I'm really thankful for his wonderful teacher! She is just AMAZING with her class. They sing this song "You're a Hero... a Hero... You're the type person I would like to be..." When there is a break with the words she asks the class what they like about Gage. Then she calls on the kids one at a time and they tell Gage what they think is special about him. Some of the responses included: He's really nice
He has the same shoes as me
He's Awesome
He's fun to play with
He's SWEET (The blond girl with the bob said that... I think someone has a little crush ;)
He lives by me
He's got a nice smile
He's cool
He helps me with work
It's really sweet to hear. She's teaching them to look for the good things in others. After they sing the song they line up to give Hero-High-Fives! The class lines up on either side of Gage and he runs through getting high fives from everyone.
He got to sit on a cupcake stool all day and help her with the board work. He pointed at everything as they reviewed. He definitely was the Man of the day... he felt so special. I'm glad I was able to stay the entire time to enjoy the day with him.
A few of the things that I shared with his classmates:
Gage's favorite color is BLUE
When he grows up he wants to be a race-car driver, a fireman, or an inventor (this changes at least once a week!)
His favorite food is: Spaghetti with meatballs, Pizza and Hawaiian Haystacks (in fact he requested we serve the Haystacks for his birthday party)
Gage likes ALL kinds of fruit in fact I call him my little fruit fly.
He loves vegetables too, including Spinach just like one of his favorite cartoon characters, Popeye.
He LOVES to sing and dance! Right now he likes to boogy to the credit song on Toy Story 3. He sings ALL DAY LONG! In the car, in the bathroom, at the table... he's constantly singing or humming a tune.
He likes to play basketball and golf with his daddy.
His favorite movie is Disney's Cars.
He loves ALL things Hot Wheels!

2 comments:
How cool!! Well he has Great taste, Hawaiian Haystacks are the BEST.
I love watching this new chapter in your life! I haven't gotten the Christmas Cards sent yet... SO MERRY CHRISTMAS! Hope you all continue being blessed through out the New Year! XO, Sharon
Post a Comment