Saturday, July 25, 2009

Girl's Camp 2009

Warning prepare yourself for a picture overload!



As you can see it's GORGEOUS at Heber Valley Camp!

So, a couple of my favorite little tid-bits about HVC- President Hinckley said that this mountain was reserved since the beginning of time for this purpose. He called it a temple with no roof! It also cost more than a modern day temple to build... just goes to show how much the young women of the church meant to him.

We enjoyed the challenge courses- it's a group of 7 different courses that teach life lessons through physical challenges. You have to work as a group and rely on everyone to make it through each of them.

This one is called the partner walk. Two cables are suspended in a V between three trees. You have lean on your partner to make it from the beginning to the end. Toward the finish you're more parallel than I thought possible to the ground but we made it.

This is Kayce and me. Kayce is in our ward's Young Women presidency. She flies a Black Hawk helicopter and just returned from her tour of duty in Iraq and Kuwait (President Obama was one of her many passengers). She's an amazing woman and our YW are lucky to have such a great example of a strong woman who's dedicated to her country and the Gospel. (She's also afraid of heights...yes you heard me right. She had a hard time with the zip line. I said "are you joking? You're a pilot" and she responded "Yes, but in my helicopter I'm in charge!")

Zip-Line 1


Zip-Line 2 & 3



Zip-Line 4

By this time I had mastered it! I had to show up a fairly daring YW of mine and she had jumped off the platform backwards...So I had to do the same. She told me she would do a layout and failed...I had to one-up her, so I did it! I may have to get one of these!





This is Jodi. She is also in our YW presidency. Jodi not only has a fear of heights but is about 4ft 10 and the pegs to climb this are definitely not made for someone that short. She struggled the whole way up and across and the young women were right there cheering her on. At one point they even sang for her "Chelsea's Song" her favorite. When she reached the bottom our ward ran down the course to give her a big congratulations! We've got such beautiful girls! Inside and out!

This is Kendra. She has inoperable brain cancer and has been given 6 months to live. We were at one of the challenge course stations and one of my girls had a butterfly land on her hand. Kendra was in awe! She slowly crawled over to Jenna and held out her hand saying "butterfly, pretty butterfly." It fluttered off Jenna's hand and right over to Kendra. It was a touching moment that I'll never forget.

GAMES
"Dixie Dice" & Funky Chicken


"Socks" You all need to learn this one! I'm telling you!

and last but not least "WAHHHH"

SKITS
Had to be there to understand this...I won't even try to explain it!
SONG-FEST

PRANKS
TP'ing, saran wrapped belongings, and diet cokes tucked all kinds of places... too much fun!

Dixie D.O.T.S. "Dixie On The Spot"

We were greeted with "Dippin Dots" ice-cream and welcoming parents.

The Young Women did my hair with the now popular "messy bun". It's really cute but looks like this when it's finally picked out...OUCH!

No comments: