Thursday, July 16, 2009

Road Trip Day 7

Horseback Riding in Jackson Hole
A-OK Ranch

Seth - Ike, Nate & Gage - Brownie, De - ?, Jase & Ren - Hawk, Yoshiko - Sally, Erin - Bud, Dad - Arapaho
The sheep dog's name was Badger and Gage LOVED him! Which is a miracle because Gage is terrified of Dogs. He giggled and giggled because when Badger got his back scratched his leg would shake toward his belly. It was so funny watching all the boys scratch the dogs back to watch his leg shake!



Payton was to little to go on the trail but they put him on Brown Jug and let Jim lead him around the pasture. We were gone for about an hour and a half and Jim said that he stayed on that horse until a few minutes before we got back! Not because he wanted to get down but because Jim wanted to sit down. All Payton talked about the rest of the day was "Horsey!"
Idaho Falls Temple

It was a miserable looking sky but it didn't rain until after we had walked around the temple grounds. This was our last destination before the journey home.

Living the furthest north means we were the first to make it home. We had so much fun! I never thought I would want to own a trailer later in life but it was such a different way to enjoy a vacation! Maybe not one this massive but some day...
Though the last couple of weeks were a blast (Park City and then this trip) it was GREAT to finally be back home. We got back from PC on Saturday the 4th and had just enough time to wash clothes and re-pack to leave on Monday. I feel like I'm in a short limbo again before I take off for Girl's Camp on Monday but I'm enjoying the time I've got!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

ah you are always doing something so fun!!! LUCKY YOU!!