Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blessings


Sunday was Emily's blessing day. We had a wonderful time with family. The boys sure love spending time with cousins. I tried getting a nice picture of all of them in front of tree before church started but Payton had other plans...oh well.
Nate & I had to skip out after the sacrament to go teach the Sunday School lesson in our ward. I took the lead this week and the lesson was on The Sacred Roles of Fathers. I had a hard time holding myself together as I bore testimony at the end. I have a hard time talking about the wonderful person my father is without tearing up. My dad is my Hero. He's one of the most humble and faithful people I know. It got me thinking about the time the softball league back home was looking at shutting down because no one would step forward to run it. They had a big city meeting and without a glace at my dad I stood up and volunteered him. Without a second thought he stood up and said he would do it. He was the president of the league for two years before someone else was willing to take over. I don't even know how long he ran the little league baseball, coached teams for that, Jr. Jazz, and pee-wee. He's always had time consuming church callings, and a crazy work schedule but he always seemed to be there. Even once I became a cheerleader (and I know he had zero interest in that) he was at the games...I'm pretty sure it was more about the sport going on behind me but still, he was there.
I certainly didn't think about it at the time, but looking back at my dating adventures now I've realized that all I ever wanted to do was marry someone like my dad... and I think I did pretty well.
P.S. Nathan seemed to benefit from my dad being present as well. I found these photos going through some of Judy's old albums. There's Nate rounding 3rd base & there's my Dad 'stache and all!

No comments: