So, we've been planning on re-doing the bathroom basically since we moved in. More so in the last month or two. I even took a tiling class back in January and decided to learn how to re-do the bathroom for my "Individual Worth" value project (I'm going for my Young Women's medallion again, now that I'm a leader). Well, Thursday night we had a catalyst that forced our hand. We had someone come to look at the house Thursday night and right before we were leaving I looked up at the ceiling in our living room and noticed some bubbling. Uh Oh. We've had a superficial (or so we thought) crack in the bottom of our tub since we moved in (the previous owners had just painted over top of it so it didn't appear until we took our first shower!) Well, it decided not to be superficial any longer and had leaked down into the living room ceiling.
Do you like the duct tape we stuck over it because I had an OB appointment Friday morning and HAD to shower! Nate had a final Friday afternoon so after I got home I started DEMO!
It was total mold behind the tile & wonder board...pretty nasty eh? (Don't worry I wore a mask during all the demo so I wasn't breathing this stuff in!)
Then Nate got home & we really got busy...
Mom & Dad came up to lend helping hands (they've had a lot more experience with all this than we have;0) Thankfully Beth & Brian offered to take the kids over night... which is always a good thing when you only have one bathroom and it's completely ripped apart!
So, part of the re-do we've been planning included getting rid of the half tile, half carpet thing we had going on... you don't even know how disgusting under the carpet was...yuk!
(I had to do a little painting to cover up my back-side)
So, whoever set-up the process of mortar drying for 12 hours and grout curing for over 16 definitely had more than just one restroom in their home!
Nate started his week on Tuesday, so this is as far as we got... To be continued next week, then I'll post before & after pictures... I can't wait...no really I've been showering at my brother-in-laws and the gym...so really, I can't wait!!
Here's Payton Saturday night...sleeping on the job!
It was pretty crazy considering we had all those baptisms Saturday but we wouldn't have gotten as far as we did without the parents so,
THANK YOU MOM & DAD!!

2 comments:
Sabrina and Chris have 3 bathrooms and 1 3/4 bath and have had to redo all but the 3/4. They have done 2 of the 3. I know she feels your pain because they could not use any of the 3. There was a leak in the wall that she has had to tear out walls too. Slowly and surely they are redoing them.
Dang girl. That's awesome! Way to go!!!
Post a Comment