It may sound odd to most people but Memorial day is one of my favorite holidays. (Elder Wells agrees with me ;0) It's basically the same, every year the same. We all gather at De's and first visit Wellington City Cemetery, then Price City Cemetery, this year Nathan & I followed Dave & Judy to the Cliffview Cemetery in Price where grandma and grandpa Sanderson are buried. Then a quick (or not so quick) stop at KFC for a picnic lunch then a drive out to Feron City Cemetery. After that it's to the Feron Park for lunch, and a little baseball game. Most people tend to head home after that (this year we had to get on the road) So De & Seth stopped at the Cleveland and Victor Cemeteries. Every year the amount of people we see at the cemeteries dwindles... as more and more people opt to go camping or spend the holiday weekend doing some-other kind of leisure activity.
For us the entire day is family time. We deliver flowers, reminisce, and enjoy one an other's company. It's a family tradition that I hope we carry on for years to come.
There always tends to be horse pastures next to cemeteries.



Let the game begin. Even the pregnant woman hit a few balls. My dad said that I swing better with my belly in the way!
Let the game begin. Even the pregnant woman hit a few balls. My dad said that I swing better with my belly in the way!

1 comment:
What a great family tradition. I love the shot of the flag in the foreground.
Post a Comment