Saturday, November 5, 2011

Primary Program



Sunday October 30th 2011 was the boys Primary Program "I know the Scriptures are True!" I have fallen in love with the song Scripture Power. It's what the kids opened the program with. I didn't know the words until one night for Family Home Evenings we started practicing the songs with the boys. Now I constantly get it stuck in my head. Which isn't a bad song to have repeating over and over again in your mind. "Scripture power keeps me safe from sin. Scripture power is the power to win. Scripture power, every day I need, the power that I get each time I read." I'm at the tail end of the Book of Mormon which I'm scheduled to finish this Wednesday to complete my Young Women medallion requirements. I believe every word of this song! The difference in my day when I make an effort to read my scriptures FIRST THING when I get up is tangible. I want my kids to learn that difference early on in their lives.

Gage gets sooooo nervous about speaking in front of people so we have been going over their parts every night for weeks. He had his completely memorized and it was so great to see him take a deep breath as he walked up to that pulpit and say it. When the nerves got to him he did get a little quite and quick but he did a great job! He LOVES to sing (CONSTANTLY) and did a wonderful job singing all the songs.

Gage: "Jesus Christ was resurrected and I will be too. I can live with my family eternally."

Payton on the other hand doesn't have a timid bone in his body! He stood on that front row smiling the entire time and waving just as much. In the middle he even stood up and walked all the way to the back row where we were sitting and said "Grandpa, can I have some candy now?"After some bribing by Grandpa for some candy after he was finished he ran right back up to the pulpit.

Payton: "We can feast on the word of God." While we would practice he kept saying "OF the word of God." So we were very happy when he said it the right way.

I love the primary program! It's one of my favorite Sundays of the ENTIRE year!!

No comments: