Monday, July 21, 2008

Sweet Sundays

Last night I tried getting a couple good pictures of the boys in their cute outfits from Japan (thanks again Jase and Yosh) and it didn't go too well. Payton is such a wiggle worm and Gage's attention span when there's a slide nearby is slim to none. So, we let them run around and get the wiggles out for a while and tried again...and again I don't think I got a single one with both of them sitting still. Oh, well. I'm sure when I look at them I'll remember more about their little personalities than a picture with both of them sitting straight and looking right at me smiling.

While they played Nathan and I read articles from this months Ensign. It was a very peaceful and relaxing way to spend a Sunday evening. Earlier in the day at church a sweet elderly man "Brother Hinckley" saw me chasing Payton down the hall after taking Gage to Primary and made a comment about how amazed he is that Mother's of small children manage to stay active in the church, he knows that every other week I'm on my own because of Nate's week-on-week-off schedule...sometimes I wonder how I do it myself! I told him I might not catch all of the lessons but at least I'm here. And he told me that for my kids that's all the matters, that when they look back on their childhood they and their mom were here each Sunday... It was a little morale boost for me.















No comments: