Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Fire & Prop 8

Interesting day here at the Sanderson home. I trudged out of bed to the sound of banging on my front door. (In my blue bathrobe, even) Thinking it was my sister-in-law dropping off Joshua. Wrong. It was a policeman telling me I needed to evacuate because the town home of the end of our row had a fire. Great. I hurried and got the boys dressed, as best I could and loaded them in the car. As soon as I gave the fireman my cell number Payton decided to throw up all over himself and the car seat. They let me run in to get more clothes. I told Gage we would go to McD's to get breakfast but while in the drive through Payton threw up again. By the time we made it home they gave me the okay to enter again. We, however didn't have any power or hot water. Try cleaning puke off a little one with no hot water...not a good experience. I carried the entire car seat into the tub, Payton strapped in and all. Turns out the fire started with a cigarette (yet another reason not to smoke) and was contained to their patio and kitchen. My place however smells like charred plastic. Open windows have taken care of a lot. I'm grateful. Could have been much worse!

Oh, and unrelated...
I have never...NEVER considered myself a political person. In fact I still truly hate watching the debates and such...so I don't. I have, however, been reading up on things that I have started to care about... Really care about. I read an article a few months ago that regarded the things shown in this video. I have a strong belief in the need of a Father and Mother in a home BOTH actively participating in their children's development. It's time we stand up for Marriage!! if you feel the same watch this video and then vote YES on Proposition 8.

No comments: