Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week in review...

Though I feel like I've been dormant for the past week devouring the Twilight series we actually did a lot of fun things. I wish I would have taken more pictures of them, though. Above Gage likes to wear his PJ bottoms inside-out because the "other side is softer" he's my child alright. My in-laws make jokes about my inside out sweat-pants...Oh, well.

Tuesday was our Ward Temple Night. I was getting our things ready when I realized that my recommend was expired...oops. I tried getting a hold of my Bishopric and caught one on my third try. They met me at the church for an interview and I ran to the Stake Center half an hour before they were suppose to begin interviews hoping someone was there. Our Stake President had just pulled up to meet with a young man preparing his papers for his mission and took me right in. Everything went very smoothly, we dropped off the boys to Beth & Brian and made it on time. The temple however was PACKED and we didn't get in until 8:00 rather than 7:20. But, who doesn't mind spending a little extra time in the temple? Well, a man that sat in the row in front of us in the chapel waiting for the session to start. He was so impatient that they had the Temple President come speak to him...Yikes...it was tense in a very reverent kind of way.

Thursday we decided to spend the day in Salt Lake. We had lunch at Burger King and spent time at the giant downtown library. The boys LOVE it there. We have a hard time getting them to leave...to bad parking is so outrageous! We had to run a few other errands and we stopped at a Circuit City. Payton drug the basket behind him the whole time in the store...It was pretty adorable! We met up with Jeff, Heather, and Carter at a McDonald's so the boys could play. You might notice the resulting goose-egg on Payton's forehead and the nice backslash bruise in the pictures from Saturday...

Then Grammie and Papa came up on Friday and Nathan and I got a date night WOO-HOO! It doesn't happen very much these days. Guess where he took me? To Twilight the movie. Before you all sigh and think that I have such a sacrificing husband you should know that he is just as obsessed with the books as I am...Only he gets them in MP3 format so that he can listen to them at work. The only problem is that right now there is an insane waiting list for the last two. I've finished them all and it's put a kink in our Twilight convo's because I'm afraid of letting some vital info slip... I already did once and feel terrible. He's trying to read the third one the old fashioned way for now to ease some of my bite-my-tongue pain. I'm going to do a separate post of all my Twilight reading...I was pretty impressed w/ myself.

Anyway, Saturday we tried our hardest to fulfill a dream that Gage has had for a while. And our first try was unsuccessful. So we "ate fresh" for lunch and had better luck with dinner at

CHUCK-E-CHEESE!

Payton is the best ski-ball player ever! When he was rolling them and they just kept coming back he did a little improvising...

The best part was even though he was right there he would throw them into the ZERO circle! That's pretty much all he did the entire time we were there...he could find the ski-ball from the other side of the room...and he did, every time we set him down.

Enjoying some good-old fashioned horseback rides.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You saw the "TWILIGHT" Movie?? with out me?? now I have to go by myself!j/k