It's been a long time since I read Charly. To be honest I didn't even know there was a sequel...and there are two! Adam's Story wasn't available at the Library so I'll have to wait to get that one. I know it says I'm reading "The Last Lecture" but I'm on a waiting list for that one at the library as well. Oh well, what can I do? I read Twilight again over the weekend. Yes, the floodgates have been opened. My new year resolution to read more has been accomplished and then some. I think since I've been married I've read maybe 3 books... I forgot how much I really enjoyed reading. I've now remembered.
Here's my favorite paragraph from Sam:
"Now you both want this marriage to last into the eternities, don't you?"
"Well, if it's going to last that long, then it has to last today, doesn't it? You'll never reach forever if you don't reach five years, or ten or fifty. And that means you have to work at it day by day, because eternity is made of days, and each day is important and carries the thread of eternity."


No comments:
Post a Comment