Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday's at our house...

Look a little something like this (after Church of course...)

Slippers, sweats, ponytail, Soft Sunday Sounds in the background and a whole lot of nothing... Just the way I like it.

Every other Sunday is a little crazy for me, today especially. You know those families with the children who sit on the pew reading only church material and fold their arms for each of the prayers without a second prompting from their parents? Well, those are the children that sit on every possible side of us. We're the ones throwing cars and books at those above mentioned children. Gage is singing the ABC's at the top of his lungs and Payton is throwing and yelling "CARS" every few seconds and then running down the aisle toward the exit...tripping at least twice on the way shooting his spider man sippy cup into an old man's lap. Ah sacrament meeting is a joy. Today I had to teach the 7 year olds who's attention span didn't last 15 minutes into the lesson so I resorted to the only thing that would keep them captivated- black board hangman- with scriptural subjects of course. Today I was also sustained as the Activity Days Leader, and Nathan and I as Marriage and Family Relations teachers, these on top of Girls camp coming up means some crazy days ahead, but I'm excited for all of them...except the teaching...that kind of makes me want to puke.

So here I am at home in the Sunday afternoon lounge-wear, blogging, reading (Glen Beck's The Christmas Sweater), and getting the journal up and going again. We spent Friday morning in the emergency room thinking that Payton had a dislocated shoulder...turned out to be "Nursemaids Elbow" that was easily put back into place. Do not pick up your children by their wrists, under arms only. Now if only Gage could remember.

No comments: