Wednesday was the big hike. Since I'm not able to do a BIG hike a young woman who wasn't feeling well, another leader, a priesthood holder and myself took the 2 mile hike to the lake where we would meet up with the rest of the crew. We waited for about 4 1/2 hours... everyone kept apologizing thinking that I must have been bored... but if you had to wait somewhere for four hours can you imagine a more beautiful place to sit? I read, I worked on my devotional for the night on Virtue, and chatted with my company and passersby. It was a wonderful & relaxing day.
When the girls circled around to us they all got changed and did a little cliff jumping into the FRIGID water.
That night I got a little treat! McKenna asked if I wanted my hair washed...Uh Yeah! While the girls were shampooing and rinsing in the FREEZING river water I got a shampoo job by Mac leaning over the sink in their trailer... then a nice braid. SWEET!
Friday our Bishopric joined us. We presented them with their "Life is Sweet" T's... We thought pink was a pretty great choice. I don't know if they agreed ;0)
It's tradition for the priesthood to cook dinner the last night. They also treated us with dessert (an entire ice-cream bar!) complete with Farr's ice-cream!
After that it was skits
Our Priesthood are such good sports. Shaving cream all over, red painted toenails, all in the name of comedy for our skits.
We had our last devotional and then testimony meeting. At the tail end the thunder began to rumble and lighting began filling the sky. I have NEVER been as close to a lighting strike as I was this night. We're talking, 500 yards away, or something. The bang and flash were exactly at the same time. The girls got a nice little river flowing through their tent so the men got to work throwing things in bags and stopping the flowing water. After they were all set we headed up to our tent and it turned out we had sprung a leak as well. We all piled into the trailer and the men slept in the soggy tent. We got to bed a little after 2am! We woke up to the sun shining and tried to air things out before we packed up.
It was such a nice change to be able to attend camp without the stress of planning and prep before hand! The devotionals we had each night were recipes for things that make life sweet:
Tues- Peace- Amber
Wed- Virtue- Me
Thurs- Joy- Amanda
Friday- Hope- Shannon
Sat- Love- Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment