Wednesday, July 28, 2010

24th of July Weekend

Happy Pioneer Day Everyone!!
We started out the weekend on Friday. We heard the music of the ice-cream truck and had to go get something. Payton chose Sponge-bob and Gage a Sonic shaped ice-cream.
Saturday was PARADE day!

It looks like Gage is choking her, but he was trying really hard to calm Aila down.
Tons and Tons of candy to be had!! If Payton didn't grab some candy when they threw it by us he would slowly walk beside the float until they threw it to the next group. I had to keep a close eye on him, he kept getting further and further down the road from us!

One thing they did this year that they haven't in the past was family banners. There are so many families that have lived in the area for years... it was nice to see what each of the families came up with.
Representing the Wells family:
The cowboy is my great-grandpa Wells. The background painting is of the family farm in Victor.

Aila enjoyed the candy as well!
They had the train and lots of blow up slides and bounce-houses. They kids had a blast! We didn't stay for long (it was really really warm...I was roasting!) I did however leave with a few big flower clips for baby girl!

The rest of the day was filled with front porch sitting...
Water splashing...
Ren pouting ;0...


and trampoline relaxing...

The boys jumped on the trampoline the entire time we did fireworks. After the grand finale Gage asked "Mom, when are we going to watch fireworks?" That's what we've been doing for the last 45 minutes Gage! "No, I mean the big fireworks." Sheesh... I think he's getting a little spoiled with our 4th of July fireworks at home.
We had a great BBQ Saturday that continued into Sunday. Kabobs make an excellent second day stir fry... thanks De. And I must have eaten my weight in watermelon!! it was soooo good. I also kicked some cousin butt in a game of Pit (I had 535! Derek was in second with 40... the rest were down from there;0) Jeannie notarized the score sheet for me to keep;0)

Look grandma & grandpa... we were playing in the sand too ;0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at those ribs on Gage!! R u sure you are feeding him enough?? Lol....looks like you had a fun time. loves tarin