Sunday, February 27, 2011

God's Signature

SOMETIMES the Lord sends His blessings in such a highly unusual, dramatic or precisely timed manner, that it might be likened to a

Divine Signature

It is as though the Lord "signs" the blessing personally so that we will know with certainty that it comes from Him. In doing so, God not only gives us the blessing, but at the same time he strengthens our faith and deepens our testimony of Him.

...Gerald N. Lund

Wednesday was our New Beginnings for 2011. The theme was "Divine Signatures". It all came about when one of the Young Women (Thanks Annie!) Heard a song on the radio that she loved. She did some searching to find who it was by and to write down the lyrics to share with us. "God's Signature" by Julie De Azevado.

"I've earned these curves. Through years of offering. The mirror is clear, there's been a softening. I barely recognize the woman staring back at me. I guess there is no airbrushing reality."

"You can call me flawed. You can call it character. But I choose to call these changes God's Signature."

Then we happened upon a book by Gerald Lund... "Divine Signatures." If you need an amazing and uplifting read... this one's for you. I admit I only had a chance to read the chapter that I was speaking on, but I have my copy on hold at the library and can't wait to get started!

A nice little "divine signature" that happened for the evening... We've had these value posters for years, however since they added Virtue we were one poster short. One of our leaders has amazing paper powers ;) Madison works at Alpha Graphics and we asked her to make a poster for Virtue. She did a search for the artist hoping to find a temple sketch to use. Turns out there was only one more drawing of a Young Women done by this particular artist that hadn't been used on the other values... As she was trying to match up the font (have you ever tried to match up font... there are litterally THOUSANDS of different fonts) she looked at the characteristics of the A and guess what the top font on the second page she was searching was.

Small seemingly insignificant things came into place for this evening. I feel so blessed to be a part of this organization...to have my calling with these amazing leaders, and young ladies. To be a member of this church. I know the Lord loves the youth and knows each of them individually and is aware of their needs. And mine as well.

I got to speak on "Tender Mercies" and LOVE the quote I got to share from President Eyring:

When our children were very small, I started to write down a few things about what happened every day...

I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question: "Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touth us or our children or our family today?" As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day.

"O Remember, Remember," Ensign, November 2007, 66, 67

No comments: