Thursday, March 10, 2011

We made it...

We made it...

After our swing and miss to go to the temple the Saturday before we made it to a session at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple last Thursday. It was a beautiful session inside a BEAUTIFUL temple on a not-so-beautiful spring day.

Little tid-bits about the day: We got a later start than planned... doesn't every possible thing to keep you away happen before you go to the temple? Sick kids, bad weather, accidents that block off I-15 for miles. We almost accidentally walked into the mens dressing room and a sweet old lady had to jump up and stop us! We got to linger in the Celestial room... that never happens. I'm usually in a rush to relieve babysitters so... There are NO people outside these temple grounds. I usually never have a problem getting someone to snap a picture. Maybe it was the time of day or the weather but the temple grounds were baren. So, I had to do some fancy manuvering in my not so agile high heels and use the delay on my camera... which is how I ended up with shots like these...

Oh Well.

AND saving the best for last... On my drive home my check guages light came on. It was pouring rain so I called Nathan and told him where it had come on and asked if I was going to make it home or if I needed to stop. He said I would be fine that the reserve tank would take me about 40 more miles.

He lied ;)

Right before the 500 south exit in Bountiful my car started chugging. I blinkered and tried to get over to the right of the interstate (four lanes during rush hour... yeah right!) No one would let me over so I pulled to the left as far onto the shoulder as I could go. Which wasn't far because there was no shoulder.

So here I am stranded in the pouring rain with my backside hanging out into the fast lane. I have my hazard lights on but people are still honking at me (because OBVIOUSLY I was sitting there just for fun... or to make them mad). Long story short a nice little Highway patrolman stopped traffic for me and said that if I couldn't start my car he would push me to the other side. He didn't have to push me, I made it four lanes over and then waited for Nate and the kids to bring me some gas. Good Times.


P.S. De... I've put my first stamp in my Utah Temples Passport!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Next time you two go I want to go!! We should so plan a temple trip!!

Yatesfam said...

I'm so glad we have blogs to stay connected! Kaitlyn is getting SO big. I can't believe how much she has grown. Miss being up there with all you fun moms!