Sunday, February 12, 2012

FHE: Hill Cumorah Cake


This is the Hill Cumorah.
But you knew that right ? I bet it was the marshmallow covered in chocolate sauce posing as a big stone that gave it away :)
For FHE this past week we learned about Joseph and the Gold Plates.
After our lesson the kids got to lift the stone and pull the golden plates aka gold star marshmallows from the center of the bunt cake. It was DELICIOUS! I had given the devil's food cake a caramel center...YUM!
Yet again they paid close attention and answered all the questions that we asked. They're really loving this book as much as Nate & I are. Kaitlyn was a little less enthused this week. In fact she slept through most of it.
We then played Disney Scene It.
It was HILARIOUS!! Payton and I were on a team and Gage & Nathan. Kaitlyn sat between Payton and I so I guess she joined our team. We pretty much stayed tied through the whole thing. We would move up and they would catch us... they would move up and we would catch them or we would all just shout out the answer at the exact time. Kaitlyn was jumping up and down on the couch with her arms above her head yelling "Oh YEAH" and "Yay, yay YAAAAY" clapping and giving everyone high five and knuckles. I really wish we had recorded that.
Then it was calm down time with stories from Daddy and Bed. I sure love family night.

No comments: