Saturday, April 28, 2012

Soccer, S'mores and More

Have I ever mentioned how blessed I feel that we live close enough to both of our parents that we can see them regularly? have I mentioned how blessed I feel that mine & Nate's parents like one another and know each other enough that they can both be at our house at the same time with no trouble? Well, I do! I feel very blessed!


We had a BBQ and followed it with some YUMMY S'mores :)

My parents stayed the night at our place and we all went to Gage's soccer game in the morning.
We then dropped off Gage for his Primary Class Party at sister Petersen's house (Best primary teacher EVER!)
And headed to Payton's game...

It was then time to go pick up Gagers who had a TON of fun (and a cup of mud, dirt and worms to eat :)
Notice the self portrait on the cement... complete with Red hat!
Payton walked around like this the rest of the day... I got quite the kick out of it. I sure love that kid :)
Then came the big project for the day! Here's the back yard before:
 Then came the sod-cutter... we needed to move the location of the Garden and decided to do raised beds on the north end of the back yard where they would get sunlight all day long... even in the evening because it's over far enough that the awning doesn't shade it. 
I really thought it would be a harder go than it was. We rented it for 4 hours and finished in just under 2! That includes a big chunk of John and Madison Weimer's back yard as well (we went in on the cutter together.) We decided while we had it we may as well take out a strip in our front yard as well (we're planning on doing a paved path in front of the porch so that when you step out of a car you don't step onto grass... or slush in the winter. 
  Before my Dad went to wash his hands I asked if I could take a picture of them. He sort of rolled his eyes like he does when I make weird sentimental requests but let me do it :)
 I'm glad I have this because this is how I think about his hands. Obviously they're not always dirty like this but I like my Dad's rough hands. He's the hardest I've ever seen in my life... and he ENJOYS it! He volunteered to help us with this project and many many many others. I sure love him and appreciate all he's done for me in my life as well as for my little family. Love you Dad!

No comments: