Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby Girl...

We had the big ultrasound yesterday... and we got the news. Little number three is a little girl! I have to admit Nathan and I were both in a bit of shock. I had decided long ago that I was going to be the mother of all boys and was perfectly content with that. While Brett, my Mother and Gage insisted this one was a girl I hadn't taken much stock in it. I was happily deciding between 5 boy names.
The boys loved being there for the ultrasound. Gage was fascinated that we could "see through the baby" into the spine, heart, bladder. Payton kept pointing at the TV saying Pikachu!
When the technician (who's exactly four days older than me so, it was her birthday;0) announced that it was a girl I asked "are you sure?" "how sure are you?" "give me a percentage." She proceeded to take about 5 pictures of our little girl spread eagle with nothing in the middle but black fluid. Wild! I'm still trying to believe it. Only time will make it real for me but Nathan & I are slowly becoming very excited. I think I need to go buy a big flower headband!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh Erin I am so excited for you and Nathan. I am going to have to go shopping.

Courtney said...

Congrats!!!

Russell and Emilie said...

Oh my goodness! How exciting! She'll have such good older brothers looking out for her! Congrats

Sharon said...

ARE YOU KIDDING?????? I AM SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! SWEET, SWEET! So OVERJOYED!!