Thursday, May 27, 2010

One FUN day

Tuesday after Gage got out of school we left for Salt Lake. I needed to get some blood work done at Nate's work and the boys had a pediatrician appointment so in between the two we had some fun at a park.


I told myself long ago that I wasn't going to be a mom that hid things from my kids...
This meant that when Gage asked as we pulled into his doctor's office weather or not he would be getting a shot it meant I needed to forwarn him. We told him that he would probably need a few immunizations before he starts Kindergarten and that he would most likely be getting them at this appointment. I told him that it would hurt for just a second but it the long run it would really help him. I asked if he remembered the song from Sid the Science Kid "it's gonna hurt a little bit... but it's gonna help a whole lot." His reply to that was "I just know that Mom, and that's not how the whole song goes." NICE. He was a brave little man and didn't put up a panic until the nurse entered with the needles.
Gage's Pre-Kindergarten stats:
Age- 51/2
Weight- 52.6 lbs
Height- 46 3/4 in
He's now in the 80th percentile for his height... that's a drop from years past.
Payton needed one immunization and he did well too... of course he had no clue what was going on he just kept asking "Why Gage crying?" Sweet thing.
Age- 3 years
Weight- 35.2 lbs
Height- 37 3/4 in
He is upper 50 percentile which is weird to hear. He's so much taller than other kids in his class and has always been up in the 80's.
He was so cute with the nurse! After they checked Gage's eyes Payton said "Okay my turn!" and grabbed the little eye spoon looking thing. He did so well with all the shapes she asked him to name and when she told him Great Job he switched to do the other eye. We were all busting up with laughter. He also wanted to sit on the table with Gage when Dr. Swenson came in. He sure likes to stick by his big brother.

No comments: