Monday, October 11, 2010

This girl is GRAVITY!

This is what I see every time I look into the back seat! This girl is GRAVITY! I can't keep the boys away from her! Gage just wants to kiss on her... and I don't mean little peckish kissing. He gives her big 'old open mouth slobbers on her poor little cheek. I literally have to wipe her off each time! Payton wants to pat her head... unfortunately his patting isn't quite baby pat enough... and he wants to see her eyes. Even when she's asleep. I've caught him more than once lifting her little eyelid with his finger to see her eyes!
First thing in the morning "Mom, I washed my hands I'm ready to hold Kaitlyn." He has to get his dose of "MY baby sister" before he heads off to school. When I pick him up does he say hello to me or Payton or answer when I ask how his day went? Nope. He jumps into the car "HI KAITLYN! Mom, can I hold her when we get home?" He's even come running into our room in the middle of the night when he hears her cry "Where's my sister?" It's terribly cute!
Payton is on/ off kind of tender loving "bigga brudder". When he wants to hold her he tells me "Mom, I want to take care of da baby." And sometimes he'll just sit there with her... for what seems like an hour, just letting her rest on his lap. But, I have to be ready because when he's done... he's REALLY done and will try to just roll her off! He more likes to get in her face when she's in the car seat... or swing... or cradle "Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn!" He gets this really high pitched voice (which Nate says is my doing;) and squeals her name Kait-a-lyn!
The boys wanted to "cuddle" with her in the blanket.
Payton likes to fall asleep next to her (yes that's drool...he's a drooly sleeper ;0)


Either way, this little girl is SEVERELY loved by two great big brothers!

1 comment:

Yatesfam said...

Oh my! Congrats!!! I obviously have been a slacker friend...sorry! She is beautiful!! Love how the boys love her so much. That is so sweet. I love how you said she it 'Gravity'! Perfect explanation.... How are you doing? Adjusting to three alright? You looked fabulous in the hospital pics! Wish I looked that good right after having a baby. Congrats again. Miss you guys.