Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas Bike

Did you ever get a bike for Christmas?

I did. And I remember how excited I was... until I realized that for about 4 months give or take all I would be doing with that bike is looking at, perhaps sitting on it in the living room. But with the slushy, muddy outsides riding was out of the question (I didn't want to get mud all over my brand new banana seat right?)

Well, this was Payton's dilemma this Christmas. He's tried riding it around our living room (this worked with his little tricycle but not so much with the bike... our living room is tiny.) Pretty much every day since the big day he's asked if he could ride his bike and every day he's gotten the same answer. No. Until last Thursday. No snow, the weather wasn't too terribly cold so Nathan gave him a different answer.

The look on his face was priceless. The Buzz Lightyear bike has now been broken in. Dirt on the tires and all.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

We had some AWESOME Banana Seat Bikes, and we had some GOOD times on them!!