Yup. That's my car on the back of a tow truck. Never a good thing, right?
Couple of Friday's ago. I had a full day. Take Gage to school, take Payton up to Brian & Beth's so that I can then go back to school for centers (it was my day to help out in his class... he gets pretty excited when I can come to his class) Mission: keep Kaitlyn asleep during the process, then after School gets out meet Beth at home so that she can drive us over to the Front runner train station to grab Nathan's blue car to bring back home so that it's not there over the weekend. Pack & load the car, get gas, and drive down to Salt Lake in time to pick up Nate from work before we head down to Wellington for the weekend...
Still reading this?
Well after step one: Take Gage to school I was driving Payton up to Roy. When I got on the freeway I started hearing this terrible noise.
Like my car was an old pick-up truck rattling away type of noise. I drove as slowly as possible to Beth's. By the time I got there my oil can light had come on. I took the kids inside and popped the hood. NO OIL ON THE DIP STICK... AT ALL. I thought it was a mistake and checked it again, after all I had just gotten my oil changed a week earlier.
I borrowed Beth's van and drove to get two quarts of oil. I poured one in and checked beneath the car. No leak. So I poured in the second. That's when it ALLLL came spilling out. The only thing I could think of was that they had forgotten to put the plug back in my oil pan.
I called the school and told them I wouldn't be making it in. I had Beth drive me to pick up Gage from school then to the train station to get the blue car which we then drove back home for the weekend. (First thing Gage did when I stepped into his school was ask "What was the problem, Mom? Why weren't you at my school?" Sad. I hate disappointing the little ones, don't you?
Monday morning we decided to tackle the whole car thing. We took our ramps up to Beth's and got the car on them. Nathan tightened the loose filter (the plug was in) and we put two more quarts in. They stayed so we started the car to drive it to the place that had done our oil and as soon as he started it the oil came shooting out. We had it towed to Layton and the people said that if they found it was their mistake they would reimburse us for not only the towing but for the 4 quarts of oil that were now puddles on the ground.
They had put the wrong size filter on.
Nice.
At least my engine didn't seize. They said that if we noticed any engine problems here in the future that they would do any maintenance for free.
I love it when people own up to their mistakes.
I guess it could have been much worse!

No comments:
Post a Comment