Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Pink Room

I've been a painting machine the last couple of weeks. I think it's mid-winter and I want to do things to the indoors to change my surroundings a little bit. I want to feel more organized... you know? 
This is what the kids call the pink room. It was super cute with the white furniture that the girls had in here. But didn't really match what I had in mind. This is going to be MY room... and Mom & Dad and Dave & Judy's room too I guess :) 
When I say MY ROOM I mean that it is going to house my sewing desk and all my scrapbook gear. I want it to be cheery... fun... and colorful. I found a quilt before we even moved here and LOVED the colors. So I'm sort of building the whole room around it. That bag in the photo below is the same fabric. 
 Along with painting this room we're building shelves for the boys room so that they're clothes can leave this closet and migrate to their own room. Payton helped me paint those shelves. Gage wanted to help but when I told him he needed to paint in his underpants and shirt he changed his mind. He's all grown up I guess... doesn't want Mom to see him in just his underpants. SHEESH when did he get so big?! 
  As you can see Payton had no qualms about not wearing clothing...

So while you're getting a glimpse of the pretty yellow walls you can see what I did with the bed in there as well. INSERT HIGH PITCHED SQUEAL FROM ME RIGHT HERE! I LOVE it!! 
  
 LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
I've got sooo many more ideas for the room but
one day at a time, right? More photos to come soon!
Beth helped me with the yellow painting and for her project the last couple of weeks we've been working on her kitchen. We started painting and installed b-board for her back splash. We've got some caulking and such to do but I think it'll be really great when we're done :) 

No comments: