The week that Nate and I decided that we needed to spend more one-on-one time with the kids Gage's school had a fund-raising concert that fit in perfectly with the new plan!
Thursday Nathan took Payton out on a Daddy Date... They went shoe shopping (and got Payton these sweet plaid Airwalks that are too cute for words) and went for some frozen yogurt. They spent the time talking. I asked Nathan what they talked about when they got home.
Nathan said that Payton told him how mad he was at us for not letting him have dessert every night.
Real bonding moment.
Friday night Gage & I went to the Peter Breinholt Concert!
Gage LOVES music. This might be an understatement. Gage is OBSESSED with "tunes"
He had so much fun and so did I watching him enjoy the evening.
At one point they told the audience to come dance in front of the stage if they wanted.
Gage LOVES to bust some moves. But he's also terribly shy and self conscious. I asked him if he wanted to go dance and he kept shaking his head. Finally he looks at me and says:
Mom, I just changed my mind
So we ran to the front just in time for the song to come to a close and for Gage to do his best ROBOT move ;) I sure love this kid!
They had a photo booth... and I LOVE photo booths :)
The school choir got to join in for a few songs. Gage said
Mom, I just can't wait until I can do that too.
It was a special night. I loved every second of it. Afterward Gagers and I headed to Arctic Circle for some late night Ice-cream... YUMMMMY!!



No comments:
Post a Comment