Friday, March 30, 2012

Get 'Er Done!

The bug hit this month! The "Let's Get 'Er Done" bug!
With help from MANY people (thanks dad :) (thanks Jubel & Jubel's truck :) (thanks Beth :) (thanks Sweetie! :) I managed to check a few projects off of my to do list. 
 We got the water/ drain hooked up to the new vanity so now the boys can use the potty AND wash their hands downstairs... HOORAY! First order of business? They took their tooth-brushes down to that sink. Second order? Plaster sink with toothpaste that needs to be chiseled off by the time mom sees it ;)
We started to disassemble the fend that got destroyed during the windstorm in December. We decided to try and use some of the vinyl pieces stashed in the backyard to fill in the side gap. We're hoping to add a gate to keep little ones in the back yard. It took me some time (cough 2 hours cough) to dig around a tiny little half dead rose bush and Nate just as long to get these posts out. Until Jubel and his truck came to the rescue. He pulled out old fence posts and a handful of old bushes in a matter of minutes. Sweet!


This one I've been wanting to do for some time but kept having second thoughts each time someone complimented the coziness of our living room. As great as it looked with the past owners furniture it just wasn't really my color. (Some of you will laugh when you read that since I had a wall almost identical to this color in the Brickyard house :) You know how things change... and I've become a very cool color person. Ya know?


 
And I don't even have a photo of the finished color to upload! Ha ha... It's that little strip in the upper left color, though, and I LOVE it! We also took the shades off the chandelier and it brightened up the room SO MUCH! I'm considering painting the light fixture as well... we'll see. Oh and is that a new table you ask? It is. New to us anyway. I LOVE KSL!! I've been browsing for a square table for months but they all seemed to be counter height. I didn't want that for a few reasons #1 is that my kids like to climb and the shorter the table the better. #2 I want to be able to pull up an array of chairs if needed and this way any chair will do. Although it did come with 10 of them and has two extra leafs. Family PARTAY's here we come!!

Also, with the weather making a turn for the better we decided it was time to set up Santa's gift :) The kids couldn't be more thrilled... ALLLLLL the kids :) 
 
  
 Good times to be had!

No comments: