This is one of those pictures where you go... Yep! Those are definitely MY kiddos :)
Some times it's hard for me to see how much they look like one-another and how much of ME is in them! This picture definitely shows it.
May 14th was much like any other day... Work, school, meetings. The usual.
Birthdays just aren't the same when you're older. I remember feeling like I couldn't wait to add another year to my age. I always wanted to be older, older, older. I guess so I was more independent, people would think I was more mature... I don't know.
Now each birthday just marks another year that is gone for good. I'm not worried about getting "old" or wrinkles or gray hair (which I've started finding over the last few months... YIKES) or anything to do with myself really. It just seems like my kids are growing up WAY. TOO. FAST! I swear time is non-existent these days. I just worry that the days speed by as fast for them as they do for me. Childhood lasted an eternity to me and I loved it. I don't want my kids to feel like there's never any time to slow down. sit back. relax. and enjoy one another. and this beautiful world around them.
SLOW DOWN TIME!!

No comments:
Post a Comment