Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tennis anyone?



Friday was the Utah State Tennis tournament. Andres is utterly amazing at tennis. It's the first time we were able to watch him play (for almost a year now all I've known about his skill is that he winds up having at least one racket re-strung after each match). One shot in particular we cheered about all day. His opponent hit a long shot and he (running away from the net) hit the ball backwards between his legs!!! and made a point!!! It was awesome!!! It was a hot day and we were out in the sun so we had to pile on the sunblock. We had lunch at the Brick Oven. One of my all time favorites. Mom thought it was hilarious that we had celebrated my 16 birthday there and now here we were for my 26th. From Provo Nate and the boys headed back home for the Father and Son outing. They were joined by Grandpa Wells, Papa Sanderson, Uncle Seth and Uncle Jim. Gage loved the fire. Nate said that as they were sitting down to eat dinner Gage said "Papa, what was your best part of the day?" This is something we do with the boys at dinnertime Best and Worst parts of each day. We have a fun time guessing what Payton's best and worsts are...worst is usually having his diaper changed we guess. Papa laughed and told Gage that being there with him was his best part. Gage said "I liked burning the skittle in the fire." Uh-oh sounds like I have an aspiring piro.
It was an unusual night for me. I've NEVER been home by myself. I've decided that our house makes a lot more noise than I realized. It was a perfect time to pull out the scrapbook supplies and get to work. I listened to a book on my MP3 (Nate's Easter gift for me) and became a scrapbook machine. I didn't get to bed until well after midnight and when I rolled over and looked at the alarm clock wide awake I saw that it was only 6:31. I refused...REFUSED to get out of bed at 6:31 when I didn't have little ones to dress or feed. I slept in as long as I could (which ended up being 7:15) Good Grief. I got to go with my Youth Leaders for camp to Heber Valley Camp to see where we would be having our girl's camp this year. It's going to be incredible.
When the boys made it back home we took the little ones to Brian & Beth's and Nate took me to Tempanyaki (I've had a craving for Sushi...YUM) for my un-birthday birthday dinner. Our chef was the best we've had it was so much fun to watch.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Erin! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Love you!