Monday, March 2, 2009

Just Finished

I'm starting to realize that I don't really like his style of writing. Not the stories because I really enjoy the stories but they are very low on details. This one could have involved some pretty great chase scenes and he contains these huge happenings into a tiny little paragraph. It was a good story, though. I just think I might step away from Weyland novels for a bit. My next undertaking I'm a little nervous about. I really want to read some of these classics but my fear is that I won't enjoy it. I know that sounds dumb, but once I start a book I force myself to finish it. If I don't get into it then I don't look forward to reading, if I don't look forward to reading I don't read...then I'm afraid I'll forget how much I enjoy reading again. I know crazy.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I read this in High School and it was a good book. I do agree he could use more description.
Some really GREAT (I love) books are Lynn Gardner the First book is Emeralds and Espionage then there are like 9 after that in the same series.
I read them in one Night because you can not put them down.
You will have to check them out.

Courtney said...

I really loved Jane Eyre if you're looking for a good classic. It took me a while to get into the way she wrote, but once I did, I couldn't put the book down!

The Sanderson Fam said...

I really love it so far actually. You're right Court it took a few chapters to get into the period but I'm enjoying it now.