Friday, March 20, 2009

Mini-Cheesecake Madness

I LOOOOOVE my Aunt Jo's mini-cheesecakes. Love them. On many occasions she's made an extra batch just because she knows I'll be there. Love them. Saturday was our ward dinner and auction for the scout and young women programs. This basically earns all the money we use for girl's camp and the scouts fund for the entire year. We've got an awesome, supportive ward. The youth kindly donate their time and talents like babysitting, car washing, lawn mowing, smoothies for FHE, and guitar lessons (which we bid on for Gage and won. The young man offering this said he would learn some Wiggle and Barney songs!) Many of the elderly women in the ward crochet, knit and make all kinds of beautiful things to auction ( Doily sold for $75!). A photographer in the ward offers a family sitting and prints, others do carpet cleaning, fly-fishing lessons, personal training sessions...You get the idea. All these great people offer their talents and we hold an auction. This also includes baked goods (a pie last year went for over $50! a cake this year sold for $35). My trial of Aunt Jo's mini-cheesecakes was among these baked goods. I packaged them in groups of 2, one cherry and one blueberry. Each little package ended up selling for $7!! WOO HOO! Did I mention I LOVE THEM?!?!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

MMmmm...yummy I love them too!I think she should just make a cookbook because everything she makes is GREAT!!!